Monday 27 February 2012

Different Versions of Team Found Server

I originally installed Team Foundation Server 2010 from my MSDN disk on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. When I came to do some work on the datawarehouse I discovered it hadn't been installed.

It took me a while to work out that there are two completely separate installs of TFS. One for Client (which is without Sharepoint, Reporting and both the Sql Server and Analysis Services TFS Data Warehouses) and one for Server (Windows 2008 R2 in my case) . This later version allows all components of TFS to be installed.
Administration Console on Windows 7
Administration Console on Windows Server 2008 R2

The bottom line is you want the Data Warehousing, Reporting and Sharepoint portal features of TFS you must install it on a server version of windows. There is no way to get these features on the client version.

No comments:

Post a Comment